Pumpkin seeds, bestowed with a flavourful taste, are incredibly rich sources of essential nutrients and make a healthy addition to various recipes, especially to the Mexican cuisine.
Pumpkin seeds are laden with proteins, antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and healthy fats. Their high nutritional value enables them to support prostate and bladder health. The seeds also help to alleviate mood and deal better with anxiety and stress.
So, let’s look at some of the amazing benefits of pumpkin seeds if you consume them in your regular diet.
Support cardiovascular health
- The antioxidants-rich pumpkin seeds and pumpkin seed oil is extremely beneficial to maintain good heart health.
- The high amount of magnesium present in them helps lower high blood pressure levels and bad cholesterol. Therefore, consuming them regularly ensures your overall heart health.
Reduce anxiety and induce sleep
- The seeds are efficient in alleviating mood, reduce depression and anxiety, and greatly improve your sleep quality, owing to their high magnesium and zinc levels.
- The oil of pumpkin seeds, being rich in omega-7 fatty acids, is great for preventing dryness of skin, vagina, mouth, and eyes.
- The vitamin E also improves your skin health.
- Pumpkin seeds can greatly support your immune system as they are extremely rich in antioxidants, vitamin E, and zinc.
- Vitamin E and antioxidants help alleviate the damaging effects of free radicals on the cells in your body, hence protecting you from various infectious diseases.
- Whereas the zinc present in them offers anti-inflammatory and anti-allergic properties.
Provides relief from menopausal symptoms
- The seeds are natural sources of phytoestrogens, which when consumed regularly can provide you relief from various symptoms associated with menstrual cycle, including hot flashes, joint pain, etc.
- The pumpkin seed oil, laden with several essential minerals helps women during their menopause phase, and also deals with the accompanying vaginal dryness as well.
- The phytoestrogens present are capable of producing estrogenic effects, and studies have shown that menopausal women, who consume enough pumpkin seed oil in a day, continuously for 12 weeks, are known to have lower blood pressure and relief from their menopausal symptoms.
Improves fertility in men
- Regular consumption of these seeds supports prostate health and improves quality and quantity of sperms, thus, enhancing fertility in men.
- The zinc present in them boosts testosterone levels, thus making men more fertile.
- Since they positively affect the testosterone and androgen levels, men can immensely benefit from them as the pumpkin seed oil tends to encourage hair growth in men.
Therefore, it is recommended to incorporate the pumpkin seeds in your diet often.
They are extremely versatile seeds, and make healthy snacks, as they add a savoury flavor to a soup or stews, and can also be used in baked goods such as cookies and muffins. They can also be used to garnish your smoothies, soups, cereals, fruits, salads, yoghurt, and other recipes.
Therefore, start consuming them from today.