If you and your family are looking for healthy alternatives to Game Day snacks, these could be it! Sauteed Artichoke Hearts are the perfect finger food to serve at any party!
This trip to Trader Joe’s I picked up Frozen Artichoke Hearts. When I was in California visiting my mom one of the nights we ate home they made these Artichoke Hearts.
See also: What Does Artichoke Taste Like?
It was cheap, easy, and really good! I wasn’t even sure I liked artichoke hearts. You probably aren’t sure either. Most people who eat artichokes have them around the holidays for their family members stuffed artichokes.
Those are good but you don’t eat the actual shell of the artichoke which I never understood.
Anyways, this is super easy to make which of course is the only way to go when you live a busy schedule. I think that is the beauty of frozen vegetables. I wouldn’t normally go with frozen over fresh but when it comes to Artichoke Hearts, that’s the way to go.
See also: Best mini rice cooker
After some research online, I have found that many people who try different brands of Artichoke Hearts prefer the Trader Joe’s over other competitors in super markets. This is because they stay fresh tasting and tender.
You can serve these Artichoke Hearts as a side dish to your meal, change it up. Or go for an appetizer while you are waiting for everything to cook. I’m sure these would also be delicious roasted with a little bit of extra virgin olive oil, lemon and parsley but today I decided to Sauté them in a pan.
I’m excited to find new ways to use artichoke hearts in recipes perhaps a stew, soup, or even a dip because they are really starting to grow on me. Now be careful if you are looking to make artichokes after reading this!
Don’t just get any brand as the results may not be the same. If you are a Trader Joe’s fan add this to your shopping list and keep it in your freezer for simple, easy and delicious meals.
What You Need:
- 1 bag of Trader Joe’s Frozen Artichoke Hearts.
- 2 cloves of minced garlic.
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- juice of half a lemon.
- sprinkle of dried parsley or fresh if you have it on hand.
What To Do:
- Remove the artichoke hearts from the bag and rinse under warm water. Let sit in colander for a few minutes to defrost.
- Heat a saute pan with oil and then add minced garlic until lightly browned. Add in the defrosted Artichoke Hearts and sauté until they are hot, squeeze fresh lemon juice. Stop mixing and allow the Artichoke hearts to brown a little bit. Season with salt and pepper. (Don’t let garlic burn)
- Remove from pan and sprinkle with parsley. A delicious appetizer or side dish.