chicken cordon bleu is a versatile meat that is not only fun to cook but makes a healthy choice in cooking as well. The best thing about chicken recipes is that you do not have to be a world-class chef to serve up a classy meal.
Take chicken cordon bleu for example. This dish is served up in classy restaurants all over the world, yet this is also an incredibly easy and delicious dish to cook right at home in your very own kitchen.
How To Cook The Best Chicken Cordon Bleu
I am by no means a professional cook. While I can cook up a nice meal for the family and I am very confident in the kitchen, I do not get the opportunity to make many formal dishes and have never been through any formal training.
However, I so wanted an easy chicken cordon bleu recipe to make, and this one fit the bill. If you are missing some tools like a meat tenderizer, you can always do it this way. Simply put the chicken in a Ziploc bag and pounded it with a regular hammer.
Then when it comes time to roll up the chicken make sure to leave the outside end of the chicken at the bottom of the dish if you do not have toothpicks either so it will stay rolled up while it bakes.
Here is how to make a fantastic chicken cordon bleu dish that is sure to satisfy all your guests:
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Ingredients For Chicken Cordon Bleu
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves.
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs.
- 6 slices Swiss cheese.
- 4 slices cooked ham.
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper.
- 1 package Bleu cheese crumbles.
- Parsley to garnish (optional)
How To Make It
- First, you will need to preheat the oven to 350 degrees and coat a 7 x 11-inch long baking dish with cooking spray or cooking oil.
- Next, you will want to place the chicken breasts in saran wrap or a Ziploc bag and pound them with a meat tenderizer or a hammer until they are 1/4 an inch thick.
- Once the chicken breasts are flattened, sprinkle them with some salt and pepper then add a slice of ham and a slice of cheese on top of each one.
- Roll each chicken breast up and secure it with a toothpick (or place it in the dish so that the outside end is facing the bottom of the dish).
- Put the chicken breasts in the baking dish and sprinkle the breadcrumbs on top. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the chicken cordon bleu is cooked completely through.
- Next remove the dish from the oven and place 1/2 a cheese slice on each piece of chicken. Return the dish to the oven and allow it to bake for 5 minutes or until the cheese is thoroughly melted.
- Finish up by removing the toothpicks and slicing each piece into three pieces. Garnish with parsley and bleu cheese crumbles as desired. This dish tastes great with mashed potatoes and mixed vegetables on the side.
- See how easy it is to make a scrumptious chicken cordon bleu, The best thing about this dish though besides how great it tastes and how easy is to make is how much time it takes to make this.
- At the very most, you will find yourself in the kitchen for an hour. So happy cooking and happy eating.