We are living in the 21st century and we happen to be in the middle of the Industrial Revolution 2.0, which is powered by 5G and the Internet of Things and that means progress across the board, even with food & beverage.
Here are a few ways that F & B have benefitted through technology.
- Frozen fruit juice – Some enterprising people discovered a method of fast freezing freshly squeezed fruit juice, turning it into powder; when you enjoy a glass of fresh orange juice the next time you stay in a hotel, the chances are the drink was made with powder and cold water. None of the goodness is lost in the process and from a vendor’s point of view, it is much easier to prepare fresh fruit juice and the powder can be stored indefinitely.
- 3 in 1 coffee – The coffee 3 in 1 manufacture industry is booming, as more people realise a tasty cup of coffee can come from a sachet. This product is not new; 3 in 1 has been around for a few years, yet the process has changed, resulting in a better product.
- Ready to eat meals – There was a time when it was only hospitals and airlines that required ready to eat meals; advances in packaging have been a game-changer and many businesses use this service to ensure their workers eat wholesome food. Life is certainly more convenient and it isn’t just processed food that comes ready to consume, you can order vegan dishes that come in eco-friendly packaging. Click here to find out how many tablespoons in two-thirds of a cup.
- Barcodes – Let’s face it, where would we be without barcoding? All inventory is scanned and your supply management is easy. No more missing stock; checkout logs the product out of the system and you can set notifications to remind you when stock is getting low.
- Resealable bags – The food bag sector is going like a train, bringing out products to keep a wide range of food fresh; there isn’t a kitchen in the western world that doesn’t have resealable food bags. If you would like to browse food and beverage packing, Google is your best friend and no matter the product, there will be state-of-the-art packaging available from the online supplier.
- Hot & cold drinks – The latest Starbucks coffee cup is unspillable and the coffee stays hot, yet the cup isn’t hot to hold. Stainless steel cups with thermal insulation are ideal for cold drinks; a rubber seal on the cap and no condensation, these large cups some in a range of sizes and are perfect for the home, office, or anywhere you happen to be. If you don’t have one, order one today; a few dollars and you have the perfect water/cold drink cup that is safe and keeps liquids cool for hours.
As you can see, the F & B industry is enjoying the many benefits of emerging tech, with automated solutions and eco-friendly packaging. The future looks super-convenient and hopefully, we can avert a climate disaster.