Kids may get excited when they hear popcorn, especially if we’re talking about chicken! We can not deny the charm of fried chicken to anyone of any age. It’s one of the easiest dishes one can cook on any occasion. As years passed, many new recipes and new ways of cooking fried chicken keep coming out; and one perfect example is the popcorn chicken.
What is Popcorn Chicken?
Popcorn chicken is a dish with breaded and well seasoned bite-sized pieces of chicken that are then deep-fried. It became so popular that many restaurants have it included as their best seller. Nowadays, you can also find frozen bags of chicken pops in grocery stores ready to be cooked at no time at all.
The best thing about popcorn chicken is that it is very easy to prepare and you can even ask the help of your kid to make this treat! This makes up for a fun-filled bonding moment, and with your guidance, they will be able to create it with no problem at all. You might not know it, you may have a future chef in the making.
Here’s a simple popcorn chicken recipe that you can make in just a few minutes! One bite of it will give your mouth that crunchy, pop-corn-like feel. Depending on your preference, it can have a hint of spicy sweetness to it! Most of the ingredients in this dish are already available in your pantry or the grocery stores near you. You may also find the best quality ingredients already curated for you at Karman Foods’ Asian Seasonings and Spices.
1 lb. boneless chicken breast
½ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon paprika powder
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups panko breadcrumbs
3 to 4 cups cooking oil
1. Slice the chicken breast into cubes.
2. Arrange the chicken cubes in a large bowl.
3. Season with garlic powder, ground black pepper, salt, and paprika powder (optional).s
4. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly to ensure each cutlet is well-coated with seasoning. You can use your own hands or spoon.
5. Coat chicken with all-purpose flour in a separate bowl. You can also speed up the process by pouring the flour and chicken cutlets into a Ziploc bag and shaking it.
6. In another bowl, crack the eggs and beat until the egg whites and yolk are thoroughly mixed.
7. Dip the flour-coated chicken cutlets into the egg mixture.
8. Pick egg-coated chicken and toss it into the breadcrumbs in a separate bowl.
9. You can coat the chicken again with the egg mixture and breadcrumbs for an additional crunch.
10. Set the coated chicken aside for 10 minutes allowing the breadcrumbs to stick to the chicken cutlets.
11. If you have made too much, you can store the rest in the fridge to cook later.
12. Preheat the oil on medium-high fire.
13. Gently drop the coated pieces one by one but don’t overcrowd to ensure even cooking.
14. Cook until the pieces are golden brown. Take the popcorn chicken from the cooking pot and place it in a bowl with a paper towel to remove excess oil.
15. Serve hot with your favorite dip or sauce!
There you have it! A simple dish that you can make for yourself, friends, and family. For more delicious recipes like this, Be sure to check out Karman Foods’ Asian Market to get Asia’s best food recipes.
Karman Lee is an adventurous foodie who loves curating Asian food products through his online Asian Food Specialty Store called Karman Foods.