It is very easy to prepare the crepes. Just mix the ingredients that we use everyday like eggs, milk, flour, and put them in the pan. Your dish will be ready within few minutes. If you are expert in making the pan cakes then crepes preparation would be a simple process for you.
Just follow few tips before starting your preparation. It is not mandatory that you have to prepare the thinner crepes and most often they won’t be that much thin as we expect. However they should not be too thick.
It is not important that you should need only a special pan for preparing the crepe. You can use the simple electric pan or the non stick pans so that you can get the perfect crepes that you desire.
You may not get the perfect crepe in your first trail. A couple of crepes can lead you to the perfect one. You can serve this recipe as a snack and if you wish sprinkle some sugar on the crepe.
If you are trying to prepare the crepes for many people then keep the prepared crepes in the preheated oven so that they remain warm while you serve.
How To Make Crepe Cake
Nutritional Values: 216 Calories per serving
Prep time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Main Ingredients Required:
- Eggs- 4.
- Salt- ¼ teaspoon.
- Flour- 2 cups.
- Milk- 2 cups.
- Melted Butter- ¼ cup.
Crepe Cake Recipe - Preparation or Method
- Step 1: For preparing the batter, take a bowl and break the eggs and add some salt to these eggs. Stir the eggs properly such that the complete mixture turns yellow in color.
- Step 2: Take two cups of flour and add little flour to this egg mix. Now your mixture will be lumpy. So add some milk and simultaneously add the remaining flour. Stir it continuously so that the mixture becomes smooth without any lumps.
- Step 3: Add some butter and stir it once again.
- Step 4: Cover the bowl and freeze it for few hours before preparing the crepes.
- Step 5: Later take a fancy pan and put it on the medium heat.
- Step 6: pour the batter on the pan and spread it evenly by turning the pan around. You can even put some extra batter if you find any gaps in between.
- Step 7: Let it cook for few minutes. As it cooks the batter changes the appearance. You can find that the crepe will slide around the pan after it is cooked. Once you observe that just turn the crepe and let it be for few seconds.
- Step 8: After the crepe is cooked well, take it in a serving plate and sprinkle some sugar on it.
- Step 9: Now the crepe is ready to serve. If you are not serving the crepe immediately after preparation then keep it in the oven which is warmed at 200 degrees F.
- Step 10: Once the dish is ready, you can fill the crepe with any of your favorites and can serve them warm.
Crepe Cake Recipe Any Possible Variations:
- You can go for the Savory Variation where in add some salt, fresh herbs chopped and the dried tomatoes in the egg mixture.
- You can even try the sweet variation where you will use the sugar, vanilla extract and the liquor in the egg mixture. Similarly you can go for your possible favorite variations.
How To Garnish/Serve “Crepe Cake” ?
Before serving the dish sprinkle some sugar on the dish and serve it warm.
How To Store “Crepe Cake”?
If you want to store the leftover of the crepes then you can put the crepes with the wax paper between the crepes. You can freeze it in the freezer bags. Just defrost these crepes for at least 1 hour before serving.
You can prepare the crepes with different variations. These variations are found in the preparation of the batter. You can try with eth beer, milk, water, flat beer or with the oil. It would be some difficult to prepare the batter that is not torn. But it becomes easy if you prepare the batter better by using the correct amount of ingredients.
- # Hint: If you want to freeze the cooked crepes then keep it in the greaseproof paper and wrap it with the plastic wrap. It will remain for 1 hour and before serving defrost the dish for at least 1 hour so that it attains the room temperature. If you keep the batter in the refrigerator then the butter will be separated from the batter. So stir it completely before you start your preparation.