Yesterday, you couldn’t finish all the delicious burritos and you decided to keep the leftovers in the fridge.
But, you’re wondering how to reheat a burrito to make it taste fresh and delicious just as it would.
Don’t worry because this article will show you three different ways to heat the burritos again.
And you’re guaranteed to enjoy the hot and flavorsome burritos. Down here to know more!
Best Way To Reheat A Burrito
The burritos are palatable in their own way, and it’s best enjoyed warm.
Although reheating this dish might be quite tricky, if you follow our instructions carefully, you will taste a burrito as fresh and delicious as it was bought or made in the first time.
1st way – Use the microwave
- First of all, you need to moisten the top of the tortilla via sprinkling or dripping a little amount of water. Make sure you just wet the exposed parts, not the whole.
- Then, place the burritos on a microwave safe dish and put it in the middle of the microwave.
- Turn on high heat and cook for 1 minute. After that, open the microwave and turn the burritos over.
- Continue cooking for another minute.
- Next, take an instant thermometer and insert it into the middle part of the burritos to check whether it reaches 1650F or not.
- If not, continue reheating about 30 seconds.
- Finally, take the burritos out of the microwave and let it cool a bit before tasting.
2nd way – Use the oven
- Firstly, you need to preheat the oven to 3500F.
- Meanwhile, cover the burritos with aluminum foil.
- Next, lay them inside and heat within 15 minutes.
- Lastly, take them out and enjoy.
3rd way – Use the small frying pan
- Put the non-stick frying pan on a stove with the low heat.
- Place the burritos inside and cook for 5 minutes.
- For every 2 minutes, you need to flip it to avoid burning and making the tortilla look crispy.
Aside from three basic methods, there are many different ways on how to reheat a burrito. However, you should know that the reheating method also relies on what kind of burritos you have.
Here Are 7 Types You Need To Distinguish
The burritos are a staple of Mexican and Tex-Mex food, including a large wheat flour tortilla with a filling inside. And the difference between each style is its filling.
In Mexico, the common fillings consist of meat and refried beans. Meanwhile, the burritos in the United States might include plain rice or Mexican-style rice, beans or refried ones, salsa, meat, lettuce, cheese, sour cream, guacamole, and different vegetables.
Now, take a look at 7 various burritos below:
The main ingredients for this kind are just flour tortilla, meat (often beef), and refried beans. To the Mexicans, keeping the simplicity for the burritos is its unique selling point.
Although it is smaller as compared with its modern counterparts, it sets the standard that all other variations follow.
Mission burritos in San Francisco
The mission burrito is packed in a big steamed tortilla that brings it extra flexibility. Besides, it’s often covered in tin foil so that it will not burst when rolled.
Meanwhile, the filling is totally customizable with a variety of fresh ingredients like guacamole, sour cream and an optional selection of meat.
In contrast to the mission-style burritos, the California ones are bigger and have more ingredients.
It greatly combines Mexican flavors of marinated tender beef or chicken together with crispy French fries. Salsa, cheddar cheese, and guacamole are also added to increase the flavor and texture of the burritos.
Unlike other types, the wet burritos are filled with the best ingredients and then covered with a red or green chili sauce and melted shredded cheese on top. Instead of using hands to eat, this burrito will be eaten off a plate with a fork and knife.
The breakfast burritos are described as a diversity of American breakfast that can make you full of energy to start a new day. It mainly mixes typical breakfast favorites like eggs, sausage, or bacon along with pepper and chorizo.
The chimichanga is the utmost blend of yummy ingredients consisting of carne asada or tender ground beef and bell peppers. All are wrapped in the tortilla and then deep-fried to bring the crispy texture.
The Kogi burritos are a fusion between Korean and Mexican flavors. Its filling includes a variety of Asia ingredients like kimchi or fresh fish that delights your tongues and stomach for sure.
Learn how to make the breakfast burritos
Here is a step-by-step guide to make the hearty breakfast burritos for your family. At first, please prepare:
- 2 tablespoons green chilies
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- 6 eggs
- 1 bag refrigerator shredded hash brown potatoes
- 6 flour tortillas (or more, depending on the number of your family’s members)
- 6 fully cooked sausages (or chorizo pork sausages)
- 2 cups shredded cheese
Then, start cooking:
Step 1 – Chop the green chilies with the best santoku knife and put them in a large bowl. Then beat 6 eggs, add milk and whisk until the mixture is well blended.
Step 2 – Heat the skillet over medium heat and cook the mixture until it’s scrambled.
Step 3 – Continue stirring the sausages and then put aside.
Step 4 – Do the same thing for the shredded hash brown potatoes and set aside.
Step 5 – Lay each flour tortilla on a cutting board, spoon each cooked potatoes and scrambled eggs and then sprinkle the cheese on top.
Step 6 – Roll up tightly and serve now.
In case you make too many burritos, make sure you wrap each in a paper towel before putting in foil to prevent a soggy tortilla and help to absorb the moisture better.
Here is a video on how to cook breakfast burritos
Now, you’re proficient in reheating a burrito properly, right? But, please notice of the different meats inside the burritos because some need more time to reheat. Perhaps, you need to do several times to master. And don’t miss trying a hearty breakfast that can help you get full of energy for a new day.